You are hereHow To Buy Marijuana Seeds Online Guide - GrowWeedEasy.com's 2014 Seedbank Review
How To Buy Marijuana Seeds Online Guide - GrowWeedEasy.com's 2014 Seedbank Review
At GrowWeedEasy.com, we maintain this cannabis seed bank list which includes the top seed banks & breeders as well as evaluates each one based on customer service, reliability, and quality of seeds.
We wanted to make it easy for you to see, at a glance, which seed banks ship to which parts of the world.
So who should you choose to get your marijuana seeds from?
Each of the marijuana seedbanks, marijuana seed vendors, and marijuana breeders listed on this page have legendary customer service, and will gladly answer all your questions about your seed orders. If you ever have a problem with any order, I highly recommend contacting the seedbank right away as they will quickly take care of you.
USA Residents Please Note:
For USA residents, international orders will not go through if you try to use a pre-paid debit or credit card. This used to be a way to add security to your order (purchase a pre-paid card in cash, then use that to make your online order) but these cards no longer work with any international order due to a change in laws that occured in 2012.
GrowWeedEasy Cannabis Seed Bank List of 2014
GrowWeedEasy.com Has Put Together This List
Of Recommended Sources For Marijuana Seeds
Located: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ships: Worldwide Except Australia and Israel
- 10 free mixed seeds with every order!
- Fast, Discreet Shipping - At GrowWeedEasy.com, we believe Nirvana is one of the most stealthy seed vendors - seeds arrive quickly, on time, with inconspicuas packaging.
- Responsive & Caring Customer Service - they actually breed and grow their strains in house, so they can accurately answer your questions
- Well-established - Nirvana has been breeding and selling top-quality seeds for decades (they offered cannabis seeds by mail-order before the internet, so they have a lot of experience providing seeds around the world)
- Read customer reviews about each strain and leave your own reviews
- Promptly ships more seeds for free if you have any problems or if seeds do not arrive
- Accepts a wide variety of payment options (bank draft, cash, credit)
- Visit them in person if you’re in Amsterdam!
- Since they breed their own seeds (hence their slogan "straight from the source"), they only carry strains developed by Nirvana. This means you have a much smaller selection than a huge "seed bank."
- Sorry, no seeds shipped to Australia or Israel
From a GrowWeedEasy.com reader: “I've ordered from Nirvana 3 times, and I can't recommend them highly enough. All 3 times I purchased feminized seeds. Price after shipping was roughly $60 for 10 seeds. Delivery was very stealthy and took 1 - 1 1/2 weeks. The first time I bought from them, it took a little longer to arrive, and I contacted them with my concerns. They shipped out another order the same day, and were extremely helpful and polite. I ended up receiving both packages after all. 100% of seeds have germinated and been female.”
We grow Nirvana Strains - View a grow journal featuring two of their famous strains
- Free seed promotions & huge selection of strains
- Choose one of their "Guaranteed Delivery Products" when checking out (you'll see it on the lower left side at checkout) for guaranteed stealth shipping. This ensures your seeds will get to you no matter what.
- They carry only trusted strains by reputable breeders. They also breed and grow their own strains in-house. They make it easy to find a strain for your needs and grow space - use their seed selector to find a suitable strain
- Long-lasting & trusted company - providing cannabis seeds since 2003; they have made a name for themselves as a trusted seed source
- Accepts a wide variety of payment options (bank transfer, cash, credit cards, debit cards, checks, postal orders, money orders, Bitcoin - recommended for discounts and nobody but you and the seller can know what you are buying)
- Like with other seedbanks, getting a "Guaranteed Delivery Product" is a must to protect against lost goods. This raises the overall cost of purchasing seeds from this company.
- Getting a "Guaranteed Delivery Product" combined with the price of shipping can make ordering from this place pricey.
- Professional vender with great customer service
- 16 years of retail experience
- Has a physical shop you can visit in Norfolk
- Many payment methods including cheques or postal orders, Western Union Bank Transfer and all major debit/credit cards, except American Express
- Website looks a bit sketchy (but don't let that fool you, they're a great company!)
- No stealth shipping option and unfortunately they won't reship if seeds are confiscated (contact their customer support for more info) - still, most growers have reported that they've received orders without a problem
- Ship seeds promptly even with regular shipping
- Offers many unique and hard-to-find strains
- Often ships with free seeds
- Stealthy packaging
- Does not take credit cards
- Cumbersome ordering policy (meant to protect your privacy). You send in an order form then wait for them to process and mail it out.
- One of the largest seedbanks online today
- Offer a huge variety of seeds from many different breeders, including brand new breeders you've probably never heard of
- Many seed specials and seasonal sales
- 'Guaranteed Steath Shipping' is a necessity with this company. If you don't pay extra for this option, you may not receive your seeds and you won't get a refund!
- USA buyers take note! Some USA buyers have reported getting seeds confiscated from the Attitude(seeds are getting captured by customs and a letter is sent to the recipient explaining that the seeds were confiscated). This happens most often for those whose seeds pass through the customs centers in Chicago or Los Angeles.
- Attitude carries a lot of strains by unknown breeders that are marketed heavily to new and/or inexperienced growers, so be careful who you buy from on their site because they do not necessarily do a quality check on every breeder. You should be safe as long as you stick with well-known strains and trusted breeders. Just remember that they have a huge warehouse and carry a lots of seeds, so the people at Attitude have never grown any of these strains themselves.
- Features current listings from a variety of breeders - basically a marketplace to buy/trade/sell seeds
- Accepts money orders, postal orders, cashiers check, through credit from your Seedbay account and/or cash
- Does not accept credit cards
- Can't track your shipment
- Can be a bit confusing to get started, but they will help you
- Ships worldwide
- Stealthy Shipping
- Accepts check, money order, or bank draft
- Does not accept credit cards
- Small selection of strains
- Website looks like it was built in the 90s - Don't worry, despite the spammy looking website, this is a proven & trusted seed vender!
Sea of Seeds
- Free seeds with just about every order
- Good prices
- Cheap shipping
- Accepts a wide variety of payment methods, including most credit/debit cards, UK postal orders and cash
- If you order with a debit/credit card, they can only ship seeds to your billing address
- Not as big a selection as some of the other major seed sources
- Website can be hard to navigate, so it may be difficult to find what you're looking for even if you know the name of the strain
- Relatively new seed bank
- Free seeds with every order
- Big selection of strains
- Fast order-processing time & cheap shippng
- Accepts a wide variety of payment methods, including money orders and all major debit/credit cards
- No guaranteed delivery. If seeds don't make it after one reship, you lose your money.
- Nebula Haze: Many people seem to be happy with them, but I personally was very disappointed when I ordered from Herbies. First my package did not show up and Herbies said to not expect a package OR a customs letter (highly suspicious). Herbies then said they'd resend the seeds, but when I finally did get a package, they sent me the wrong strains! They did promptly issue a refund when I contacted them, but between the problems with shipping, receiving the wrong strains, and mislabelling on their website, I will never order from Herbies again.
- Free world-wide shipping
- Offers some unique strains
- Seeds are only sold in packs of ten only (20 pack for mixed seeds)
- Relatively small selection of strains available
- Only payment options are cash or a blank money order (must be negotiable in Canada)
- "Stealth" Shipping option is pretty expensive compared to other seed sources
Ships: Worldwide Except USA and Australia
- High quality strains and genetics
- Keep your original packaging and they will replace any seeds for free if you run into problems
- Unique ordering process requires you transfer money directly into their bank account
- No Shipping to USA or Australia
Sannie's Seed Shop
- Stealthy Shipping
- Even so, will keep resending seeds until you receive them
- Bonuses for repeat customers
- Pay with credit card, bank transfer or cash
- Unique strains with quality genetics
- Does not accept money orders or checks
- Only sells strains bred by Sannie, so relatively small selection of stains
Located: Amsterdam, Netherlands
No USA. Ships To Select Countries listed here:
- Big selection of high quality strains
- One of the few online sources of legitimate Jack Herer and Master Kush seeds
- Sorry, no seeds shipped to United States, Canada, or Australia
Located: U.K. (not "Original" Sensible Seeds from Spain - avoid those guys!)
- Prompt shipping, extra stealth options and guaranteed shipping. The last time I ordered from this company, the seeds arrived on my doorstep (in the US) just 8 days after placing the order.
- Huge selection - nearly 3,000 strains from top breeders around the world
- They keep you informed about what's going on with your order throughout the process, and will send a personal email the day before your seeds arrive to let you know to expect them.
- Quickly ships more seeds for free if you have any problems
- All seeds are stored in a specially controlled environment
- Accepts a wide variety of payment methods, including telephone order, Western Union Transfer, Bank transfer, Check, Money Order, Cash, Mail order and all major Debit/Credit cards
- Their website is hard to navigate and can be hard to use, especially compared to some of the other huge seed sources. Sometimes it loads really slow. You may want to do your research somewhere else and then come here just to order your seeds.
There's lots of great information about strains online, and via the Seed Finder link above. My best suggestion is to do a little research and grow a strain that seems interesting to you. If you're still not sure, a great option for first time growers is Northern Lights, since this strain is potent, stays short, is easy to grow, and has a relatively low smell compared to most other strains.
When ordering marijuana seeds online, It is important to research all applicable laws in your area regarding purchasing and possessing cannabis seeds. Just because a marijuana seed bank or marijuana breeder is willing to ship to your location doesn't necessarily mean that it is legal for you to have possession of marijuana seeds at your location.
- Don't tell your friends that you're growing! This may seem like it's common sense, but this is the number one most common reason cannabis growers are caught, not because their seeds were intercepted! No matter how much you trust someone, you can never trust someone else as closely as yourself. Never ever tell anyone you grow your own weed, for any reason. If cornered about where you got your cannabis, tell your friends that you have a dealer who is very private and leave it at that. You never want to even hint that you know how to grow. If other people are talking about growing marijuana, bite your lip and act dumb!
- Do not ship the weed seeds to your growing address. This is pretty self-explanatory. If at all possible, do not get your seeds shipped to the address where you will be growing cannabis because you do not want these two activities tied together. Ask a trusted friend or neighbor if you can ship to their house without telling them what your shipping. Your packaging from Nirvana Shop will be very discrete and they won't know what's inside unless they open it or you tell them. Some people take this a step further and will have the cannabis seeds shipped to a house they know is vacant. They track the shipment and pick up the package when it arrives. PO Boxes are another option. Just remember, that if the address can be tied to you, the seeds may be able to be tied to you.
- You likely CAN NOT use a pre-paid credit card. Using a pre-paid card purchased with cash used to be a way to add security to your order, but it is no longer possible for most buyers. Unless the pre-paid card specifically states it can be used internationally, it will not be accepted when making international orders. Major credit card companies like Visa and Mastercard sell pre-paid credit cards which can be purchased at most grocery stores and gas stations with cash, BUT THESE CARDS DO NOT WORK INTERNATIONALLY for residents of many countries including the USA. It will not help to register the card with a name and address that matches the name and address that you are having your cannabis seeds shipped to. It used to be possible to order internationally with pre-paid debit cards, but there are no prepaid cards available for sale in the USA (that we are aware of) which can make international transactions (due to a law passed in April 2012 saying that prepaid cards can bot be used internationally).
- Or use a business card and have the cannabis seeds shipped to the business address. This can make it tough to track who made the purchase, especially in large companies. A package at a business is often overlooked and not scrutinized closely
- Don't use any real or identifying information in your order, such as your real email address. Email addresses especially are often saved after an order is made, so go to gmail.com or yahoo.com and create a brand new anonymous email address just for this transaction.
- Be Patient! In my experience ordering cannabis seeds online (which often come from overseas) my cannabis seeds have generally arrived 1-3 weeks after my initial order.
If you have done your research and are now considering purchasing cannabis seeds online, then you may be surprised to learn that it is actually very reliable and safe to buy your marijuana seeds online from a reputable seed bank.
Ordering weed seeds online from a seed bank will allow you to purchase feminized seeds (all-female marijuana seeds) and will also let you pick the exact strain to match your size and time requirements.
Having only female weed seeds is a huge advantage for the small grower who won't be breeding new strains and may have limited space and doesn't want to have to waste time and energy on throwing away half their cannabis plants at the flowering stage because they ended up being male cannabis plants.
Easy access to get incredibly potent cannabis strains is another great reason many growers choose to buy weed seeds online.
Common Question: Where do I get marijuana seeds?
You have 2 real options:
- Use random bagseed that you find
- Buy seeds of specific marijuana strains online
Before anyone can start growing marijuana they have to first get their hands on marijuana seeds or marijuana clones.
Marijuana seeds are often the easiest for new growers to start with since - unlike marijuana clones - they don't require access to someone who is already growing marijuana plants.
More Information About Using the Nirvana Shop for buying cannabis seeds online.
One of the best things about Nirvana is the fact that customers are allowed to leave reviews for strains that they've purchased. You get so much extra information in the reviews and often this has been helpful during my grows.
For those who don't want to have to deal with male plants, they have a proven selection of Femininzed Seeds.
We have always had great customer service from Nirvana Shop, and have received our orders quickly and discretely.
Try searching google for "nirvana shop" and you will read nothing but glowing reviews. In the few instances where they have made a mistake, the customer service team has a reputation for going above and beyond to make things right.
In addition, all seeds come with free stealth shipping which will ensure that your seeds will make it. I don't want to go into details on the internet about what they do, but let me just say that I was pleasantly surprised at how my cannabis seeds arrived with their free stealth shipping.
If you're not sure which cannabis strains to get seeds for, I highly recommend feminized Northern Lights or feminized Aurora Indica for beginners. Both are hardy strains that provide great yields and have potent medicinal effects.
Northern Lights has a particularly short growing period, so you can be harvesting your buds in only 2-3 months!
The tips and advice in this article about buying marijuana seeds online are only meant to be used by those who can legally buy marijuana seeds and grow marijuana according to all applicable laws. We do not in any way recommend that you use this information if it is not legal for you to do so. Please do not proceed to read any of the following information if you are committing a crime by following the steps outlined in this article, even if you are growing for pain relief, medical research, or any other reasonable purpose.