by Nebula Haze
We’ve written quite a bit about how mold can affect your cannabis, but we thought it might be helpful to provide a list of some mold-resistant strains!
No more mold or bud rot!
List of Mold-Resistant Cannabis Strains
Strains for Indoors
Although nothing can fix bad growing practices, some strains are more resilient towards mold than others. If you’re growing in a smaller space, or if you live in a part of the world that gets very humid, it can’t hurt to get a more mold-resistant strain!
Here are some strains that are mold-resistant and suitable to being grown indoors:
- Moby Dick – Very easy to grow, very mold resistant, VERY potent. Smells a bit like peppermint but has also been described as having an old-school skunky flavor similar to popular sativa buds from the early 90’s. Great yields, too!
- Sweet Tooth – In California where I live, this strain is very popular at dispensaries and often goes for very high prices! Well now you can grow it at home, too! It has a sweet flavor/taste that is reminiscent of chocolate, and the effects are powerful. As a bonus it is mold-resistant from its Hawaiian roots!
Although definitely not foolproof, it can’t hurt to get a more mold-resistant strain if you live in a humid environment, or if you’re an outdoor grower who gets cool wet conditions early in the fall!
Here are some strains that are mold-resistant and suitable to being grown outdoors:
- Holland’s Hope – Designed specifically for outdoor growing (and not really suited to indoors), this strain is ready to harvest in late September or early October in the northern hemisphere. This strain has been bred for bud appearance, potency, yields, and overall weather resistance. Plants get 3-7 feet tall on average and produce a “knock-down” and “euphoric stone” effect that’s been honed for over three decades, with unique effects that are difficult to find with indoor strains. The buds are very mold-resistant and tend to get very fat. Buds often take on purple hues as they approach harvest.
- Frisian Dew – A popular strain because about half of the plants grow buds that turn an incredible, vibrant purple (the other half of plants grow green buds but still beautiful and the effects are just as good). This strain tends to grow the highest percentage of purple buds if plants in the flowering stage are exposed to very sunny weather with many hours of direct sunlight each day, as well as if plants also get cool temperatures at night. This strain is very well suited to outdoor growing, even in northern climates, and is especially resistant to mold.
The plant in the middle with the dark purple buds is Frisian Dew
- Jamaican Pearl – This fruity-smelling strain grows very well outdoors, and is not only mold resistant but it also has great yields. It’s known to produce a unique cerebral in-your-head effect that lasts a long time and won’t put you to sleep. Harvest Jamaican Pearl buds before the trichomes start turning amber for the best effects!
Example of a dense Jamaican Pearl bud
More resources to help you in your fight against mold!
- White Powdery Mildew
- How to Stop & Prevent Bud Rot
- Avoid 3 Main Types of Cannabis Mold
- Create the Perfect Growing Environment