This is tools and parts for a ~30 gallon automated watering system for a soil grow. I am going out of town for a week and don't have any plant sitters available. If you have a water source in your grow, i would do this a little differently (eliminate the pump and set the filter/pressure reducer straight off the pressurized water line–assuming no pH adjustment is necessary)
The concept – to automate watering over a 7+ day period using a 7 day timer, applying approx 2 gallons of pH adjusted water per hour. With a two hour run time, I should be able to get two cycles in while I'm out of town.
- From the tank – pump hooked to 1/2" supply line and then to the 1/2" barb on the drip filter housing.
- Attached to the filter housing on the downstream side is a pressure regulator set to 10 psi (i think these dripper stakes will take up to 45, farmtek has a sheet).
- After the pressure regulator is a 1/2" barb fitting and another run of 1/2" tubing next to the plants.
- Using the 3mm punch, spaghetti lines are fed directly into the supply line and a dripper stake is attached at the other end.
- Cut your spaghetti lines at an angle on the side that goes into the supply.
- Once all of your plants have a line and stake, flush the system.
- Then attach the end plug and clamp it.
- Hose clamps are used on pump connection, both ends of the filter/pressure regulator assembly, and at the end of the line.
You can get the fancy spagetti line manifolds that farmtek sells, but they are unnecessary. Using different drippers would be appropriate if you want a different application rate (starts at .5 g/hour and goes to 4 g/hour).
Sourced Locally or On Hand (lowes)
- 1/8" Polyethylene Drip Tubing (spaghetti line .125 ID)
- 1/2" Polyethylene Tubing (supply line – THIN WALL)
- 1 1/2" barb Plug
- 1 1/2" barb -> 3/4 MPT fitting
- 1 1/2" barb -> 1/2" MPT
- 1 1/2" MPT -> 3/4" slip pvc bushing
- 1 3/4" slip -> 3/4" FPT pvc fitting
- 4 1/2" capable hose clamps
- 30 gallon hard sided tote
- EcoPlus 728310 Eco 396 Submersible Pump, 396GPH
- Enover 7-day Programmable Plug-in Digital Timer Switch with 3-prong Outlet for Lights and Appliances, 15A/1800W
Angled Arrow Dripper Stake – 6-3/8"L
3/4" Y-Filter With Flush Valve With Poly Screen