Looking for more information on cannabis legalization initiatives up for vote in the upcoming November 2020 US Election? This cheat sheet will break down all the different United States initiatives with information on how to help expand cannabis cultivation access. I’ll also include a quick roundup of the legalization status of other countries that commonly visit GrowWeedEasy.com.
- Vote YES on Prop 207 so adults 21+ can possess up to 1 ounce of cannabis and cultivate up to six plants. Learn more
- California Cannabis Voter Guide for November 3 Election
- There are two competing options for medical marijuana legalization. Learn more
- VOTE FOR APPROVAL OF EITHER on Measure 65 or 65A
- Vote FOR Initiative 65 to establish state-licensed dispensaries for qualifying patients. Vote AGAINST Alternative 65A because it is more restrictive and would prohibit patients from smoking marijuana.
- Here’s a picture of the ballot so you know what to expect.
- Vote YES on I-190 to allow adults (21+) to possess up to one ounce of marijuana and to cultivate up to four mature plants for personal use.
- Vote YES on CI-118 to allow adults (21+) to legally possess, grow, or purchase cannabis.
- Learn more
- Vote YES on Public Question 1 to legalize the possession and use of marijuana for adults (21+) and legalize cultivation, processing, and sale of adult-use marijuana. Learn more
- You’re voting on both medical and recreational marijuana!
- Vote YES on Constitutional Amendment A to allow adults (21+) to purchase and possess up to one ounce of marijuana and grow up to three plants for personal use.
- Vote YES on Measure 26 to establish a medical marijuana program for patients diagnosed with serious health conditions.
- Learn more.
Please vote and do your part to help legalize weed for everyone!
Get current marijuana home grow laws for…
Legalization in Other Countries that Visit GrowWeedEasy.com
- Australia – Medical marijuana was legalized at the federal level in 2016. Australia may soon legalize CBD for over-the-counter sales. Recreational cannabis is illegal, though the Australia Capital Territory legalized possession and growth of small amounts for personal use as of 2020. Learn more on Wikipedia.
- Ireland – Use for medical purposes requires case-by-case approval by the Minister for Health, but other use is prohibited. Learn more on Wikipedia.
- Germany – Cannabis is legal in limited medical contexts, but illegal for recreational use. Learn more on Wikipedia.
- New Zealand – Medical cannabis is already legal, and Kiwis voted Saturday on a cannabis legalization measure that would allow possession and personal cultivation for adults. Preliminary results are released October 30, with official results released on November 6, 2020. If the referendum passes, weed doesn’t instantly become legal, but the incoming government will be directed to introduce a legalization bill. Learn more on Wikipedia.
- United Kingdom – Medical marijuana is legal (though extremely hard to get) when prescribed by specialist clinicians. CBD is legal for use and sale in the UK without a prescription, as long as it is not sold as medicine and does not contain more than 0.01% THC. Learn more on Wikipedia.