A larger tent is perfect for growers who want to easily yield over a pound of cannabis at a time (though your actual yields depends on the grow lights you choose). Some people use a lot of cannabis themselves, may be providing for friends and family, or would like to create edibles, hash and tinctures (which can use a lot of cannabis at a time!). Other growers may only be growing a few plants, but still prefer a big tent because it gives them a lot of extra room to work around their plants.
A large tent is a grow tent that’s 4’x4′ (1.2mx1.2m) or larger. The size we recommend is 4’x4’x6.5′ (1.2mx1.2mx2m). This is a manageable size but has plenty of extra height in case plants get taller than expected.
Here are some examples of grow lights that would be suitable for this size grow tent:
- 2 x ViparSpectra 450 LEDs (Uses total of 400W) – Yields up to 10 ounces
- HLG 550 LED Quantum Board (Uses 480W) – Yields up to 17 ounces or just over 1 lb
- ViparSpectra 1200 LED (Uses 520W) – Yields up to 14 ounces
- 2 x ViparSpectra 600 LEDs (Uses total of 548W) – Yields up to 15 ounces
- 600W HPS (Uses 600W) – Yields up to 21 ounces or 1.32 lbs
- 2 x ES300 LED grow light (Uses total of 600W) – Yields up to 22 ounces or 1.38 lbs
- 1000W HPS (Uses 1000W) – Yields up to 35 oz or 2.2 lbs
Example Plants Grown in This Size Tent
Two Hydroponic Plants under a 600W HPS in 4’x4’x7′ grow tent – Yielded 23.09 oz at harvest (more than average yield)
Other plants grown in the same setup under a 600W HPS
2 x ViparSpectra 450 LED grow lights in a 4’x5’x7′ grow tent.
Six plants under 2 x ES300 LED grow light in 4’x4’x6.5′ (grow currently in progress; these are at day 38 of flowering)
Those are just a few examples. Many of you have written in asking for more tutorials about growing in large grow tents. We have heard you loud and clear and there will be more articles, grow journals and tutorials about large tents coming soon!